Elect Mitt Romney in 2008

Governor Mitt Romney is the person to lead the Republican Party to victory in 2008. This blog is dedicated to making it happen.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Little About Myself

Why should you listen to me? Well, I like to think I have some interesting things to say, but I suppose my bonefides would be good as well. I'm a lifelong conservative from the bright-blue county of Palm Beach, Florida. I'm something of a judicial junkie and regularly make a habit of posting at confirmthem.com under the alias of son of lucas. Judges are probably the single most important political issue to me and with Justices Stevens, Ginsberg, Souter, and Scalia all likely to either retire or expire before the 2012 election comes along, we have one final chance to put a lasting change on the courts.

Like most conservatives, I shudder at the idea that a spending explosion has occurred under the watch of a Republican President and Congress. It almost makes me long for the days of divided government and gridlock. Almost. With luck, Gov. Romney will be willing to use the veto pen in order to reign in Congress.

On the War on Terror, I remain a hawk. I wouldn't describe myself as a neoconservative, but I believe that Iraq was justified and continue to be hopeful that it will prove a worthwhile enterprise.

Domestically, I'm a mixed bag. I'm very strongly pro-life and do not believe in an exception for rape or incest (I find it reprehensible to punish the child for the sins of the father), do not like the idea of doctor assisted suicide, and am very much against legalization of narcotics. However, I am sympathetic to gay rights. Also I am nominally opposed to the death penalty, though I am quite apathetic to almost anyone on death row's well-being. That being said, as I mentioned above, I'm a strong judicial conservative and get quite angry when any of these topics are taken away from the public by judges who think they know better than the populace.

On a more personal note, I enjoy writing, animation, Star Wars (including the Prequels), and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home